Friday, March 9, 2012

Just Sayin'

I received an email yesterday that contained this message:


Tonight is the first and second grade music concert. Students need to be in the gym by 6:45 ready to go. Girls need to wear a dress, skirt or jumper and boys should wear nice slacks (or khakis) with a dress shirt. (tie is optional). 

This is how I responded:

It would make me indescribably happy if you could include the boys in being permitted to wear dresses, skirts, etc., but, because that may raise some eyebrows, I was wondering if we might just include the girls in the permission of "nice slacks". Since the mid 20th century when Katherine Hepburn made them stylish, pants have been an acceptable garment for females -- especially on this day, March 8th -- International Women's Day. Let's give it a go, shall we?


Girls are allowed to where pants. Just so you know.

3 comments:

  1. Did you receive a response because I love it. Since when do women just wear jumpers, skirts and dresses anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where pants?

    There pants! There Castle! -Young Frankenstein (sorry, couldn't help myself)

    Yes, the teacher apologized and corrected herself but not to everyone, just to me. hurumph. I would have sent out a new announcement... but I'm one-uh-them, dad-gum feminatsies, ya' know.

    ReplyDelete